The Neighbourhood – Tjuvholmen – New Oslo
A new city district with a two-kilometre seafront is taking Oslo, Norway and the world by storm. At Tjuvholmen culinary experiences, contemporary art and magnificent architecture meet at the water’s edge. Next door to northern Europe’s most elegant art gallery, the new Astrup Fearnley Museum designed by Italian star architect Renzo Piano, you find THE THIEF.
Good city living distinguishes the atmosphere in the pedestrianised streets on Tjuvholmen – a place where people live and work, where quality galleries and top restaurants attract bon people from the whole city.
The little island which was once home to criminals and shady dealings now offers a whole sea of experiences.
- The new Astrup Fearnley Museum designed by star architect Renzo Piano
- Bathing beach, canals and marina
- Strong environmental focus
- Pedestrianised streets and squares
- High-class, international restaurants
- Sculpture park and galleries
- One hotel, THE THIEF